top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to All Your Inquiries

How do I become a member?

In order to compete at provincially sanctioned events, you must purchase a BCFA license. All additional licenses including coaching, referee, armoury, etc. can also be found through the link below. 

For the 2022/2023 season, all licenses can be found here!

Associate vs. Provincial Memberships?

Provincial memberships are for athletes who train or compete at any level. 

Associate memberships are for parents or volunteers who don't fence at all. If an associate member trains or competes even at a club event, they are not covered by BCFA insurance.

Where can I fence?

British Columbia may be vast, but it also means that we have many fencing clubs to choose from. With clubs spanning from Vernon to Victoria, we have facilities to meet your fencing needs all across the province.

Check out our clubs page to find a fencing club near you!

Where can I find competitions/results?

Almost all domestic and U.S. fencing competitions and results can be found through The CFF website is also a good place to find domestic competition and result information!

bottom of page